I have a broken ikea dresser that was perfect for my samplers...
I painted a square on the dresser scrap and laid my "mirror-printed" image directly on the wet paint, and smoothed it with a wooden spoon.......
Nice and smooth, no bumps, wrinkles, or bubbles.
UGH, then the HARDEST part--- the waiting. I am just not that patient so I pulled out the blow drier to assist. Looking back on this I know I should have waited over night- but in order to do that I really need to get 3 transfers going at different times so I don't have to be like a kid on Christmas morning--all antsy, waiting for the reveal!!
Spritz with water and start rubbing off the paper with your finger nice and easy. This is really messy- OH! I can use the new word I learned today, "craftermath"- this is really messy and definitely leaves craftermath. I got a little carried away as you will see in my smudged photo.
Down by my happy hen's legs there is smudging.
That's quite alright, I like the vintage look (surprise, surprise!) so I slapped on some paste wax and let it dry for an hour.
Of course, these are just messy samplers so when I find my fave technique I will transfer to something better, so please bear with me on this quest.
I think it turned out pretty good for a first try. I decided the words were too small so made them bigger on the image I am giving you. The rose is another technique but you have to wait until tomorrow for that one ;)
PLEASE let me see what you do with La Poule Heureuse (the happy hen)
Enjoy her :)